Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Big 6

Yvette and I are approaching our 6th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks. Looking at some photos from our honeymoon I came across this one.



We went to Knotts Berry Farm on one of the days we were in the LA area. It was a great day, a bit overcast and maybe 200 people in the park. No wait for anything. We went to the cowboy stunt show and as we were walking in two cowboys stopped us and asked if they could "borrow" Yvette to help them in their show. Before she could answer I said "SURE!" She never had a choice! So the plan was for her to enter with the guy in the Yankee hat and pose as his new wife ( a far stretch of acting...playing a newlywed!) I would enter alone and not sit near them (even I couldn't mess that part up!). So they did and I did. It was funny watching them as they walked in holding hands and sat in the middle of the stands. Then the show started and they asked for a volunteer from the audience. Yvette played her part great as she started jumping up trying to raise the hand of her "new" husband. He acted like he didn't want to go until two cowboys came and "convinced" him to go on stage with their guns. As he was up there, Yvette would smile and wave and even blew a kiss at him, he in turn took a picture of her from the stage.



And so the show went, I'm sure you can figure it out. The "volunteer" ends up doing the biggest stunt at the end, all to the crowds delite. So the show ends and they introduce each stunt member and end it by saying "We would like to give a special thanks to Yvette for helping us today, She really is here on her honeymoon with that guy over there!" THAT GUY OVER THERE?? I loan them my wife and all I get was "That guy over there??" Hmmmm.



But after the show we got that picture and wonderful memories of a near perfect week. The rest of the day, other park guests would see us and say "Hey! There's the newlyweds!" It felt great and was a lot of fun. I wish that day could have gone on forever!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Dude....its been 90 days....lets get something on here!!! :-)