Friday, December 15, 2006

What the heck does that title mean?

From Gopman to Slone...where to start.
I guess the best way is to try to explain why I'm writing this and who should even care? I'm doing it because of my pal Mike's blog. I enjoy reading it. I admire how he can put his feelings into words on a screen. I've never been very good at writing how I feel, so I'd like to give it a try. The bigger question to me is why would you bother to read it? I don't know. I will say that I plan to follow Mike's lead to start with and use it as a game plan from furture entries.
But, back to the main question. Gopman to Slone?
As a kid I had a nickname of Gop-man. It came from a guy on a gameshow named, I think, Geoff Edwards. Somehow that morphed into Gop and then into Gopman (A.K.A., THE Gopman, Gopper, Gop-a-mainia, you get the idea) The name Slone, come from cowboy action shooting. That's a sport I'm interested in, but to play, you must have an alias from the old west or western shows. Mine is from the Lone Ranger, hence Slone Stranger.
So there you have it, Gopman to Slone. Are you still awake?
As I get better at this, I can't get much worse, I plan to add my deepest, darkest most exciting thoughts (now your asleep for sure), but for now I'll just tell you that I'm a 45 year old guy. I'm married to the most beautiful and loving woman God ever put in my life, and we have six kids (yes, six! No other hobbies!!) from 15 to 3 yrs old. I just recently was laid off from my job and am unemployed from the first time in a looooooooooong time.
I hope you (is there anyone out there?) stop by every now and again to say "howdy"

4 comments:

Slone said...

WOW!! Spell check would be a GOOD thing BEFORE publishing!!

Mike said...

Hey Gopman!

Wow! Great to see that you have joined the blogger thang! Thanks for the nice complement on my writing. You are off to a great start!

Mike said...

Hey! I gave you some free pub and linked you on my web page....now my 5 readers can read you! Better get writing! :-)

Lori said...

Hi...and welcome! I was once a blogger (just kidding...I still am, just haven't been able to for awhile now) and love both the writing and reading. It's easy to get hooked! I came by way of Mike, or 'the Mikester' as I like to call him!

Again, welcome..and happy holidays!